The term “emergency dentistry” refers to the care that’s given in response to a sudden and serious oral health problem. This can include stopping bleeding, relieving extreme pain, saving a tooth, or avoiding further injury or infection.
Numerous situations like trauma, sports injuries, an accident, or even biting into a piece of food wrong can result in dental emergencies. Emergency dental care may mean receiving tooth extractions, root canals, tooth repairs, infection therapy, and more. It is crucial to seek quick attention if you encounter a dental emergency in order to preserve your smile and stop subsequent difficulties.
When Do You Need Emergency Dentistry?
Noted below are just a few of the many scenarios in which you may require emergency dental attention:
- Severe tooth pain: If you have severe and ongoing tooth pain, you should visit a dentist right once since it may be an indication of an infection or an abscess.
- Broken or broken teeth: If you break or chip a tooth, you should seek emergency dental care so that the tooth may be fixed and additional harm can be avoided.
- Teeth that have been knocked out due to trauma: In order to have the best chance of preserving the tooth, it is crucial to visit an emergency dentist as soon as possible.
- Teeth that are loose or out of place: In order to avoid additional harm, you should seek prompt dental care if a tooth is loose or has been forced out of place.
- Gum or jaw swelling: You should seek emergency dental treatment if you notice any swelling or discomfort in your gums or jaw. This might be an indication of an infection or an abscess.
- Oral bleeding: You should visit an emergency dentist near you right away if you have serious bleeding in your mouth as a result of trauma or injury.
Services Offered By Emergency Dentists
The following are a few of the most popular services conducted when receiving emergency dentistry near you:
- Relief from toothaches: Emergency dentists are able to identify and treat the underlying conditions that are causing tooth pain, such as cavities, infections, and tooth damage.
- Repair of damaged teeth: Using bonding, veneers, or other restorative dental operations, emergency dentists can fix or restore broken, chipped, or cracked teeth.
- Extractions: If a tooth is seriously decayed or infected, an emergency dentist may have to remove it to stop the decay or infection from spreading.
- Treatment for oral infections: Antibiotics and other treatments are available from emergency dentists to help control and get rid of mouth infections.
- Emergency root canals: In order to relieve discomfort and avoid extraction, diseased or damaged tissue from a tooth’s root may be removed during an emergency root canal.
- Replacement of missing fillings or crowns: In the event that a filling or crown is lost, an emergency dentist can replace it to protect the tooth from further harm.
All things considered, emergency dentistry offers a wide array of treatments to assist in managing and curing dental crises, and it is crucial for anybody experiencing excruciating tooth pain, swelling, or bleeding to seek rapid dental care.
Emergency Dentistry at Sandstone Dental
Are you or anyone you know facing a dental emergency? Visit our neighborhood dental practice today. There’s no need to call ahead and schedule an appointment; just come in and see our dentist in NW Calgary when you’re able.
Time is of the essence, and expert care is required when dealing with dental emergencies. Emergency dentistry in NW Calgary will help you get your smile back to looking and functionally beautifully in no time at all.